Wednesday, April 14, 2010

what a hurdle

So I just finished an application test for a Danish design school. It's been a two-week long creative rollercoaster ride, with plenty of ups and one big down last week when I had to change direction well over a week into it. It was tough. I've ended way up, though. Really happy with the end result. What I handed in, was a portion of my process, brainstorms, experiments, etc. and a finished 'product' to solve or comment on the 'problem' or issue I worked with. I ended up making illustrations for a book.

I'd love to show you, but I didn't have time to scan it and all I did manage to do was take some pretty awful pictures. I'll see if I can fix them up on the computer, but if not, I'm going to the school to get the thing back some time in August.

It was really hard to let it go.

Anyway, after this I finally had some time to just sketch and paint for myself, so yesterday, while watching an episode of Hercule Poirot (gotta love that Belgian!), I sketched some creatures.



First one, just pen on sketchbook paper. The others, pencil on cardboard with some watersolluble colored pencils for shading and white details. Fishels, I call them :D

Tomorrow, I have an application test at a school of animation, The Animation Workshop. Hoping it'll go well.

On Friday I'm going to Berlin for a week. Hoping to get time to sketch while down there. Leaving the laptop at home. Should be fun. We'll be visiting some designers and see the art community there up close.

See y'all in a week or so.

- Jonas

No comments: